Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Bars

Pumpkin Bars
3 eggs, beaten
2 c white sugar
1 c oil
2 c mashed pumpkin
2 c flour
1 t salt
2 t soda
2 t cinnamon
Mix. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350`.
Frosting
6 oz cream cheese, softened
6 T butter, softened but not melted!
~ 3 c powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
Beat together. Frost bars when cool.

Notes/Stories: This is one of the Carpenter's favorite desserts, and pretty high up on my list, too. One time I inadvertently added the whole (big!) can of pumpkin, and for some reason, no matter how long I cooked it, that toothpick could never come out clean! Still tasted great, of course. I made this into muffins to take to school for my birthday this year, and the 6th graders loved them, too. Makes about 30 muffins, and for them, I like to put the frosting in a plastic bag, cut off the tip and pipe the sugary goodness into a solid, spiral, frosting topper. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment