Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creamy Enchiladas

8 eight inch tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast (I bought rotisserie chicken and shredded it)
1 medium onion. diced
2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar or colby cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) light sour cream
4 ounces Neufchatel cheese (low-fat cream cheese), cubed
1/3 cup canned green chiles (do not drain)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp fresh or dried cilantro
1 tbsp cumin powder (I used a little less)
1 tsp red or cayenne pepper (I used a little less)
Butter flavor non-stick cooking spray 

Notes/Story: Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix together chicken, onion, and cheese. Fill tortillas with that mixture. Roll and place seam side down, side by side in single layer in baking dish.
In large saucepan heat broth, cilantro, cumin, and red/cayenne pepper until hot. Add sour cream, cream cheese, and canned green chiles. Heat until cream cheese is melted and everything is incorporated well, stirring frequently. (If sauce seems a little thin, you may thicken with a small amount of cornstarch whisked into sauce. Which I did.)
Pour sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I found this recipe when I was searching for "Creamy Enchiladas." These are SO good. I ate them for 8 days in a row and didn't get sick of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment