Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup
1lb. ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp. bacon pieces
2 tsp. garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb. sliced russet potatoes, or about 3 large
1/4 bunch of kale
1. Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan saute bacon, onions, and garlic over low-medium heat until the onions are soft.
3. Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
4. Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage and kale, let all heat through and serve.
I found this recipe while living in Japan. I was craving Olive Garden and this soup is better than the restaurant. The first time we made it Dale and I were licking our bowls! I now make it often, even in the summer. I shared it with the family at the lake during Christmas 2013.