Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cowboy Cookies


Adapted from:
http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe524.laura-bushs-cowboy-cookies.html

Cream the following indgredrents in a large stand mixer (I use my trusty Bosch )
1 1/2 Cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 Cup sugar (granulated)
1 1/2 Cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Add and mix well
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
1 Tablespoon Baking soda
1 Tablespoon ground cinnammon
1 teaspoon salt

Add
3 Cups chocolate chips
3 Cups oatmeal
2 Cups cocoanut
2 Cups chopped pecans

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. the cookies I make are about 2 inches in diameter when baked.

Story:Will and I are on a serious diet, I reluctantly agreed to NO baking for the first couple of weeks of the diet....One of my top 5 hobbies is baking, so it's been hard to start a sewing project to get me out of the kitchen..(Hurry guests come and visit so I can cook and bake again) I was looking for a recipe that would include indgredients my current customers (Will and Grandma) would like...and I found this 'Cowboy Cookie' recipe that makes a substantial amount of cookies and includes pecans, (Will) homemade (Grandma) and Chocolate (Me).......Plus this week of no baking resulted in Grandma getting store cookies for tea time. Yesterday she said  "I would have thought THEY would have homemade cookies one of these days"
So...I thought it was time again to bake some cookies that can go  into the freezer until Grandma's tea time.

No comments:

Post a Comment