Monday, December 10, 2012

Russian Tea

5 apple cinnamon teabags
3 cups boiling water
2 cups pineapple juice
16 oz. orange juice concentrate
16 oz. lemonade concentrate
9 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar (can use half splenda)

Directions & Story:  Pour 3 cups boiling water over tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.  Remove tea bags.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer.  You can also add whole cloves and cinnamon sticks while simmering.

I got this recipe from the wife of Dale's commanding officer.  She had us over for dinner while the guys were deployed to Afghanistan and I think I drank the entire pot of this cider (I was pregnant so it's ok).  I then made it a few times throughout the holiday season.  It makes the house smell amazing and is a great addition to any holiday menu.  After simmering on the stove I put it in a crock pot to keep warm.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good recipe for a hot drink,
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete